We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and professional individual to build their career with our Purchasing Department as a Buyer. In addition to joining a great international company, we offer excellent training, development and an outstanding benefits package. This is a dynamic role where you will be a key part of our Purchasing Team with objectives including:
Ensure the lowest total cost of purchased materials, timely delivery and approved quality to support the site.
The purpose is to balance the objectives of maximum product availability with strategic inventory plans.
SUMMARY: Coordinating activities involved with procuring goods and services such as raw materials, equipment, tools, parts, supplies, and services, for organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in meetings and prepare all necessary documents to support them; participate in daily production meeting
- Develop a general understanding of all internal departments and maintain strong working relationships with all interfacing internal departments to facilitate efficiency
- Develop a complete understanding of the company key goals and structure decisions and daily tasks toward achieving them
- Reviews order requisitions with planning and sales coordination
- Generates and reschedules stock and overhead purchase orders to support manufacturing and MRO
- Manages and maintains orders and safety stock levels of consumables Kanban-System, implements for additional item demand
- Modifies contracts, services agreements and amendments in accordance with negotiated terms, conditions, pricing and service requirements
- Confirms with vendors product or service information price, availability, and delivery schedule.
- Resolves vendor delivery issues, missing confirmations, miss shipped product, and cost errors.
- Expedites delivery of goods after approval of Purchasing Manager
- Maintains procurement records such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories.
- Maintains the Master Data Item file to ensure integrity and consistency with corporate structure
- Setup new item codes accurately and quickly
- Responsible for data cleansing and mapping in the system
- Compile, organize and maintain a vendor contact database
- Sends out supplier quality claims based on information provided by engineering, production, receiving department
- Monitors inventory levels in consideration to demand, maintains safety stock levels in order to meet turnover goals
- Addresses obsolete items to replenish stocks or remove them from inventory
- Providing administrative support to the Purchasing Manager
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Intermediate MS Excel skills, experience with ERP systems required, preferable Movex
- Experience organizing electronic files
- Remain calm and professional in stressful situations.
- Friendly, courteous, service-oriented, and flexible and enjoy working with a variety of staff.
- Detail-oriented and work effectively under pressure while meeting all applicable deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and with little direct supervision.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Demonstrated ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
- Marine construction knowledge a plus
- Must be open to work overtime when necessary
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English language
- Problem Solving–Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Develops alternative solutions
- Customer Service–Manages difficult or emotional internal customer/supplier situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills--Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication–Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication–Writes clearly and informatively; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively;
- Teamwork–Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Cost Consciousness–Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures;
- Organizational Support–Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization’s goals and values;
- Motivation–Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing–Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Quantity–Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Adaptability–Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality–Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability–Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.